We’ve talked before about how much your mindset and beliefs about money affect your ability to manifest it into your life. Today I thought it would be helpful to go over some specific money mindset tricks that we can use to help shift our dominant thought patterns from lack to abundance:
- Create your own money affirmations. Review the article I wrote about how to create effective personal affirmations and use that strategy to create affirmations that are specific to abundance and wealth. Write your affirmations out on sticky notes or print them up as posters and put them in places where you will see them often.
- Create your own abundance audio. This is a trick suggested by the leader of a networking group I belong to. She said that the most powerful voice that we can ever listen to is our own, and that creating an audio recording of our own voices reading out abundance affirmations that we have created ourselves can have a huge impact on our ability to bring money into our lives. Use your phone or your computer to record yourself reading out the affirmations you just created and make it a point to listen to your recording every day. (I’ve just started using this one myself — I’ll let you know how it goes!)
- Adjust your abundance settings. Imagine yourself walking into your “money control room” – an imaginary room where the imaginary machine that controls your abundance mindset is housed. Look at the console of this machine and imagine a slide lever that runs from a low abundance setting to a high abundance setting (e.g. “$” on one side and “$$$” on the other). Reach out and slide that lever all the way to the highest abundance setting.
- Increase your capacity to receive. Imagine yourself walking up to an enormous golden waterfall of abundance pouring down. It’s like the Niagara Falls of wealth – a never ending, powerful torrent of abundance thundering down and there for the taking. It’s enormous; bigger than anything you’ve ever seen before and you instinctively know that it’s endless. It can’t possibly be drained – ever. It’s an unlimited supply of wealth pouring freely for all those who wish to avail themselves of it. Now look down at your hands. What do you have with you? A teaspoon? A coffee cup? A bucket? How much wealth are you comfortable with receiving? If you only have a little bucket, try to imagine yourself with a bigger bucket. Next time you do the visualization, imagine yourself with a wheelbarrow. Every time you try it, stretch what you’re comfortable with and imagine yourself with a greater capacity for receiving some of that unlimited abundance pouring down.
- Track it all. Create a spreadsheet or a written log of all the abundance that you DO receive. Track every single bit of wealth you receive, from the nickels you find in the street to the money you saved when you bought that sweater you didn’t realize was on sale until you got to the cash register. Log every bit of money that comes into your life, and be sure to joyfully express your gratitude for receiving.
Give these exercises a try over the next few weeks and make sure to let me know how it goes! And if you have any money mindset tricks of your own that aren’t mentioned here, be sure to let us know in the comments section below!
photo credit: pixabay.com cc (modified by me)