So often it happens that we put off doing what we most want to do in life because we’re afraid that we’re not good enough to pull it off; we’re afraid that the road to success will be more than we can handle, or that we’ll never be able to find that elusive path to begin with. And so our biggest dreams get pushed onto a shelf and left there to collect dust because of a false belief that we don’t have what it takes to make those dreams happen.
The sad thing is that, for most of those dreams, if we just got started and kept plugging away at them they would, in fact, become a reality… if.
- If we weren’t so paranoid about taking that first step when we couldn’t see the entire path mapped out before us;
- if we weren’t so scared of looking like an idiot if we messed up;
- if we weren’t so convinced that everything had to be done exactly right out of the gate that we panicked over the thought of starting it at all.
So today I want to turn this around and ask you: what could you do “IF”? What could you do if you were focused on all the things that could go right with respect to your big dream rather than all the things that could go wrong?
What could you do if:
- you believed, without question, that you deserve to live the kind of life you really want?
- you trusted yourself and believed in your own ability to succeed;
- you were willing to commit yourself completely to making it happen;
- you had the support of other dream-builders just like you, who were trying to build their own dreams;
- you weren’t afraid to take risks and push yourself out of your comfort zone in order to achieve what you wanted most;
- you knew with absolute certainty that this dream of yours was meant for you and that it was already in the process of coming true;
- you knew that your success would inspire other people, all around the world, to build their own dreams and change their lives for the better?
What could you do if you could fear less? Leave a comment and let me know what your life would look like… “IF”.
photo credit: pixabay.com cc (modified by me)