This is my Coconutty Cinnamon Granola recipe, and it’s another one of my favourite breakfast recipes. I came up with this one because I didn’t like all the sugar and weird fillers that were in most of the commercial brands of granola, so I wanted to come up with my own, healthier, version. It’s taken me a while to perfect this one, but through a process of trial and error (and a couple of burnt batches… oops), I think I’ve got a winner; this recipe tastes great, there is no refined sugar in it, and as an added bonus, my 3 year old loves it and will happily eat it as a snack, too.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup oat bran
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup plain unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup unsweetened medium flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup plain unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, oat bran, nuts and coconut in a large bowl.
- Stir vegetable oil, maple syrup, honey, applesauce, cinnamon and vanilla together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Pour sauce over dry ingredients and stir to coat. Add raisins and stir until well mixed.
- Spread mixture evenly over the two baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes, stirring once at 6 minutes.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and allow granola to cool completely before storing in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Voilà! Home-made extra-yummy, not-to-sweet, high protein Coconutty Cinammon Granola.
If you decide to give this granola recipe a try, let me know how it goes and what you think of it! 🙂
Dream. Believe. Achieve.
Loving what you've read so far? Stay inspired with my weekly blog digest and get the motivation you need to turn your dreams into reality...